Saturday, October 13, 2007

SIGOURNEY MAKES HER MOVE




October 11, 2007

I'm standing in the lobby of a movie theatre with a friend. The lobby is large and multi leveled, with very modern balconies and staircases. We seem to be confused about what movie we're going to see, what time it starts, and whether or not we actually have tickets.

Sigourney Weaver crosses an elevated walkway a few feet above us. She's dressed in a red woman's suit. Our eyes meet for a moment, and she continues on her way, apparently searching for her date. A few minutes later, she returns, takes me by the hand saying, "Come on." I look at my friend apologetically, as if to say, "You're on your own. You don't really expect me to pass up a movie date with Sigourney Weaver, do you?"

Sigourney and I stroll into the theatre and find our seats near the back of the sloped auditorium. The film begins. The title is a boy's name--Lenny or Louis or something like that. It turns out to be a film in which Sigourney actually appears. She starts to comment loudly about the film and her costars. I feel embarrassed, but Sigourney seems indifferent to the other patrons.

She tries to hold my hand, and though it feels awkward, I let her.

"Are you gay?" she asks.

"Yes, I am," I reply.

She laughs almost dismissively, as if to say, "well, that wont stop me!" She tightens her grip on my hand, fiercely determined to make a success of our date.

2 comments:

Jonathan Royce said...

Gosh, Sigourney can be so PUSHY sometimes...
Bravo Jiminy Snap! More, please.

Leenie said...

Damn, it made me start all over. Anyway, I think I said ...wow, how can you remember the year and what street you walked down. I can barely remember if I dream let alone know what year it was. I do know that lately, I have frightening dreams about Republicans!