Friday, November 25, 2011

Come Blow Your Horn




August 15, 2005



It's about 5PM the day after Thanksgiving, and it is already very dark outside. I'm riding in a car with jazz trumpeter Chris Botti, and as he drives us around the small town where I grew up, we are havinig a disagreement. We're arguing because even though he's in town to meet my family, he seems unsure about letting people know that we've just gotten married.


As we speed over the railroad tracks next to the old lumberyard, our car lurches a few feet off of the ground, and we land with an enormous thud.

The bumpy landing has had an effect on my new husband. "Fuck it. I don't care who knows," he tells me just before grabbing the back of my head and kissing me on the lips with a force so powerful, so skillful, it could only be the result of years of blowing his horn.

2 comments:

Moyses.p said...

hi. loving everything here. best

Jiminy Snap said...

Thank you Moyses! You are too sweet :)