Thursday, May 16, 2013

Beep Beep, Toot Toot: Remembering a Bad Girl


                         

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to write today, but I wanted to acknowledge the one year anniversary of the passing of the Queen of Disco, Miss Donna Summer.

There are two people whom I passed up chances to see in concert thinking I'd get another opportunity that never came: Nina Simone and Donna Summer. 

I don't have a particular connection with her, but I do enjoy her music immensely  and once I dreamt I saw her at a wedding. She left her sweater on the back of her chair while she went to the lady's room. Without hesitation, I stole the sweater just so I could pretend I had found it and return it to her.

This post is dedicated to my friend John S. who loves Donna as much as I love Barbra...and to the closet Donna Summer fan in my life...you know who you are!!

1 comment:

John Sorrentino said...

Jiminy - this is an awesome tribute to an awesome entertainer. You rock.

And nice way to capture the essence of the BG album art!