Thursday, June 25, 2015

Nobody Does It Better


Normally I only draw Carly Simon around St. Patrick's Day on account of the conjuring (see previous posts) but it's not every day she turns 70. 

In honor of this milestone I present my interpretation of the cover of my favorite Carly Simon album and the first one I ever owned, 1981's Torch. My copy is now autographed and framed. 

I was lucky enough to see Carly in one of her rare public performances when she taped a concert for Good Morning America back in the 90s. Luckier still to meet her on a handful of occasions, and she's never been less than gracious and warm, even when I did that thing New Yorkers are never supposed to do: stop a celebrity on the street. 

Happy Birthday and thank you Carly for all the music and the sweet memories. 

No comments: