Monday, July 14, 2014

The Devil Made Me Do It




8/12/12

I've been holding onto this one for a while, and truthfully there wasn't much to it, but it was so vivid.

My sister and I are attending a concert at an amphitheatre. I'm not even sure who we're here to see, but we are not happy with our seats. We're up high, almost the last row. We want to move down closer to the stage, we're afraid we'll get caught. 

Suddenly a bright and garishly dressed woman (well, she's not quite a woman--she's Flip Wilson's alter ego Geraldine Jones) appears in the aisle next to our row. 

"Come on honey," she tells us, "I'll find good seats."

"But what if someone stops us?" I ask. 

As she raises her arms above her head and throws her head back, she declares, "Honey, if anyone stops us, you just tell 'em 'the devil made me do it!' " 

And with that, we follow Geraldine as she skips down the aisle to the promised land down by the stage. 

1 comment:

Moyses.p said...

in love with this! thanks for the tip. ill look it up. kisses