Tuesday, July 29, 2014

When Winnie Met Glenn




7/27/14

I'm sitting on a bench at Barnes & Noble on a Saturday night. I'm watching a documentary about Barbra Streisand (of course I am!) on one of their monitors. Glenn Close sits down next to me and  becomes engrossed in the film.

After a few minutes she turns to me and says, "You know, I almost hired her for a job once."

Before I can even ask about it, Glenn invites me to her home to be part of her reading club. Not a traditional book club, she explains, as everyone will be taking parts and reading the books aloud. 

"We're doing Winnie The Pooh next Sunday, you'll be perfect!"

I explain that and old boyfriend had introduced me to  Winnie The Pooh, but that I had stopped reading it after we broke up.

"Well then, this is your chance to finish it!" 





No comments: