Wednesday, March 26, 2014

People

A Slightly more Realistic Portrait



People was of course a big hit song for Barbra, and it stands alone just fine away from the show. However, I've always preferred it in the context of the story where Fanny and Nick both realize that despite the hustle and bustle of their busy lives and always having lots of people around, neither one of them has found true intimacy with "one very special person." 

The dress for the Broadway production is once again very similar to the one later created for the film. They both feature a dramatic bolero type jacket with large beads and peekaboo slits in the shoulders, along with a full, ankle length, iridescent skirt. The primary difference is that on stage the bodice piece was made up of delicate pink beading and the one made for the film featured a bold argyle pattern, as pictured below. 

I know I'm totally geeking out today, but I have to say it kind of feels like a holiday in my heart.





No comments: