Friday, April 4, 2014

A Birthday Remembrance


Laurie Hope Beechman in her Tony nominated role as the Narrator in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat  



I can't believe it's been a year since I wrote here about my friend Laurie and posted my portrait of her as Grizabella in Cats. Even harder to believe she's been gone for 16 years now. Luckily, her music and her memory live on.

This year I decided to depict her in the role that really brought her to prominence in the thratre world, the narrator in Andrew Lloyd Weber's Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.  I think this captures the spirit of her work in that show, although I've somehow managed to make her look a little bit like a Muppet.


As Grizabella in Cats; the piece I made last year along with the original sketch 

No comments: