Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"Wash your hands, put on your nightgown; look not so pale"




I discovered early this morning that it's not only Judy Davis's birthday, but also the anniversary of William Shakespeare's birth. So I did what any sane person would do and went to work on another piece. I should note that it's also Blair Brown's birthday, and I did once have an amazing dream about her while I was in Costa Rica, but that will have to wait for another day.

The quote from Judy Davis reads,

"When I first started acting, and we would all sit down and talk about Shakespeare and how great it was, I thought, 'Well, I suppose it is. It is if you get to play Macbeth or Hamlet. But who wants to play bloody Lady Macbeth or Ophelia?' And it struck me that most women seem to be required to pit themselves against men in dramatic situations, and the men got to pit themselves against ideas or God."

No comments: